So you’ve finally gotten the dream house that you’ve always wanted. And there are so many things that are wonderful about it – and you can’t wait to get started on decorating and renovating it so that it feels like it is truly yours. The place you should start is your master bedroom.
Why the Master Bedroom?
This is a good question – why do you want to take care of your master bedroom first? Well, it’s your sanctuary. The place that you rest your head at night. The place where you are intimate with your significant other. The place that you go to relax. So why shouldn’t it be the room that gets the most attention and care out of all of the rooms that you have? By making your master bedroom your oasis first, you’ll have the energy and the excitement that you need in order to get working on the rest of the house.
What Should I Consider?
There are a lot of different things that you need to think about when you’re working on your master bedroom. Here are some of the questions that you should be asking yourself.
- What colors do you want the room to be? You want colors that inspire rest, relaxation, and comfort, so stick with blues, greens, and neutral colors – steer clear of bright colors.
- How are you going to set up your space? This depends on the furniture that you’re using, but you also want to make sure that it’s comfortable for you. Position the bed so the sun doesn’t go into your eyes in the morning. Make sure that you can fit everything without feeling crowded.
- How large of a bed do you want? What type of a bed do you want?
- Are you going to change the closet(s) or are you going to keep it as is?
- If there is a master bathroom attached, how are you going to put that together? Is it going to blend well with what you’re doing in the bedroom?
- How well does the room express you? Does it have something that makes it feel like it is uniquely yours?
The master bedroom is definitely one of the most important rooms in your home, so make sure that you put the time into it that it deserves. What are you going to do with your master bedroom? How are you going to make it your own?…
So many of us that have our own homes have dreamed about how we’re going to utilize our outdoor space. There are so many things that we can do, especially if we have a lot to work with. Building or adding onto your deck should be one of the first things that you do. Here are some ideas that you can use in order to renovate and make the most out of your deck space.
- Consider building a “bar” area on your deck, preferably on the railing. That bar can be used for extra eating space, so you don’t have to cram everyone at the one picnic table that you have.
- If you want to use your deck throughout the year, consider building an outdoor fireplace that you can enjoy, complete with seating, throughout the winter months. These keep you warm and they bring that fresh wood smell out as well. They’re fairly safe as well, so you don’t have to worry about any potential issues.
- Don’t just throw your grill somewhere! Make an area on your deck that is specially made for your grill, complete with some counter space and other things. Make it an outdoor kitchen of sorts, instead of just your grill. With some of the grills they have today, you can basically make your deck your kitchen throughout the entire summer.
- Consider getting a table that has built in games. Carve fun board games into the wood or get tables that already have them in – then, while you’re chatting or waiting for your meal, you can play a game of checkers or cards. Or, store board games in a chest on the deck and break them out while you’re waiting for dinner to get ready.
- Don’t forget the seating! With so many options for seating nowadays, your guests don’t have to be stuck sitting on hard wooden chairs. Get something a little more comfortable for them. There are plenty of different types of outdoor furniture that you can purchase that have cushions and foot stools and all of those great things, so get comfortable!
There are so many great ideas for renovating your deck. How can you determine which one(s) are the best to use? What have you done to your deck so that you can make it your own and can enjoy it all year long? We want to hear your ideas as well!…